Welcome to Cave Run Marinas
Follow Us On InstagramFollow Us On PinterestLike Us On FacebookFollow Us On Twitter

Marina Frequently Asked Questions

1. When do slips come available?
*Our contract year runs from April to April. Normally we will know if a slip comes open by the last of April.

2. Do you have transient slips?
*Yes. We call them casual ties. They are along our main walkway. We no longer provide electric at any casual tie spot.

3. What are the marina business hours?
*Business hours are: 8AM til 10PM, 7 days a week.

4. Do you provide night security?
*Yes. We have a night security guard on duty every night of the year.

5. Do you have a waiting list for yearly slips?
*Yes. Find our slip request form under the "Contact" tab at the top of the page. Remember, we purge the list every Dec. 31st. You must fill out a new request every year.

6. What is the approximate turnover for slips each year?
*Normally we have less than 1% turnover for boat slips each year.

7. I've had a slip request in for years. Why can't I get a slip?
*Please see question 6. You must fill out a slip request every Jan. 1st. Please remember, we have to match a boat to a slip. We will not put a pontoon, bass boat, etc., in a houseboat slip. Slips also have a max size we must go by.

8. What is a mooring?
*Moorings are floating buoys that are anchored behind the marina. We normally have pontoons and sailboats on mooring buoys. There's an option to select a mooring when you fill out a slip request.

9. Do you rent covered slips for pontoons?
*No. We do not put pontoons in covered slips.

10. Do you provide electric at each slip?
*No. It depends on each dock if electric is available at the slip.

11. Do you rent boats?
*Yes. Please mouse over the Rentals tab at the top of the page.

This institution is operated under special use permit with the Daniel Boone National Forest. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) To file a complaint of discrimination: write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.